Park Terrace Hotels’ mission has always been to provide a safe haven for business travelers and urban explorers. As we all face the effects and implications of COVID-19, we remain even more committed to the health and safety of our team members and guests. In an effort to further improve our already thorough cleaning guidelines, we have thoughtfully and methodically enhanced every aspect of our cleaning and safety procedures as part of the “PTH Certified Safe & Clean Program”. Our program not only adheres to the guidelines set forth by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) in the US, the National Health Service (NHS) and the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) in the UK, and the World Health Organization (WHO), but is also certified by both medical and industry experts in terms of cleaning products, cleaning procedures and materials. Park Terrace will go through strict, frequent audits to ensure compliance and adherence to the program.
We are prepared and eager to welcome you back into a safe and comfortable Park Terrace Hotel.
We hope to see you soon.
John Paul Nichols
Chief Executive Officer
How Our Program is Certified
We have partnered with the following organizations and individuals to create our Certified Clean Program:
- Diversey – is a global provider of cleaning and disinfecting products to hospitality, healthcare and retail facilities.
- They certified how and where we clean (procedures) and the products we use (standards).
- Bureau Veritas –is a global leader in testing, inspection and compliance of hotel cleanliness.
- They certified and audited the procedures we are taking to assure the health, safety and hygiene conditions of our hotels and personnel.
- Corporate Medical Advisors (CMA) -are medical experts providing health advisory services in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic. They are a part of International SOS – a leading medical services and security company.
- They provided guidance and counsel on PTH’s Certified Safe & Clean Program, and continue to provide ongoing inspection and customization of the program.
Touchless Arrival Experience
- Enhanced capability that enables guests to check in using a touchless experience for all reservations.
- New procedures have been implemented to welcome guests in a safe and friendly manner.
- Contactless front door via automatic mechanism or assisted by a hotel team member.
- Check-in is available via mobile phone app independent of where the reservation was made.
- Check in also available on the web.
- Digital key is available on your mobile phone when you check in through our app enabling
the guest to proceed directly to their room.
- All lobby kiosks are upgraded with QR code technology to allow kiosk check-in to be performed from the guest’s mobile phone (contactless). Guest room key will be dispensed
from the kiosk.
- Plexi-glass protection between team members and guests that want to check in at the front desk.
- Credit card machines accessible for guest use only at the front desk. Guests will be encouraged to use contactless payment options. Luggage carts will be sanitized throughout the day.
Our housekeeping team members and outside vendors will implement enhanced cleaning protocols and will certify and seal guest rooms prior to the arrival of all guests.
- Once cleaned, rooms are sealed by our cleaning staff or outside vendors, certifying its sanitization and cleanliness. Seal will only be broken by the guest entering the room for a stay.
- All amenities provided will be single use and will be changed when the room is cleaned and sanitized.
- Single use coffee cups and bathroom cups are wrapped in plastic are available in every room.
- The TV Remote control is fully cleaned and sanitized after each stay and covered in a plastic wrap. The in-room TV has the ability to be controlled using the guest’s own mobile phone.
- Communication and requests with our guest services team is encouraged through our hotel texting program. Any requested items will be delivered using a contactless approach.
- Stay over rooms will not be cleaned by a team member and we will limit any non-emergency entry into guest rooms that are occupied. All stay over rooms will be provided linen, terry, and/or additional bath amenities upon request, using a contactless approach. Long term stays will have different arrangements, with procedures to protect both the guest and our team members.
- Any guest room occupied by a guest confirmed to have Covid-19 will sit idle for 72 hours prior to cleaning and disinfecting.
- Any items which cannot be cleaned and sanitized appropriately will be removed. These include: hotel directories, pens, notepaper, glassware, kitchenette supplies and yoga mats.
- Clean and sanitized yoga mats will be available upon request.
- Valet laundry will only be delivered (contactless) when the guest is in their room.
- Used guest room keys will be safely placed in holding containers and disinfected.
- All housekeeping staff and outside vendors will be trained by the hotel’s Hygiene Manager on certified clean techniques and chemicals.
- All linens, terry and duvets will be laundered after each check out including unused items.
Enhanced Cleaning and Guest Protocols
We have significantly enhanced our cleaning procedures throughout the hotel, ensuring guest rooms and public areas are cleaned and disinfected. These processes have been certified and audited by third parties to ensure compliance and safety.
- There are additional hand sanitizer stations placed throughout the hotel in public areas.
- High-touch public spaces will be cleaned frequently throughout the day with hospital-grade disinfectant.
- HVAC systems and air filters will be cleaned and changed frequently.
- There is signage in public spaces, information on the PTH website and messaging on in-room televisions explaining cleanliness and safety practices at the hotel.
- Safety and cleanliness guidelines and procedures are communicated via e-mail when reservations are made.
Employee Safety and Training
- All team members and outside vendors have gone through rigorous training on new cleaning
and disinfecting procedures, materials, and tools.
- All team members are required to wear masks, and protective gloves
- The hotel has a Hygiene Manager responsible for overall safety and cleanliness training
and hotel program inspection.
- Social distancing will be enforced based upon federal and local guidelines.
Team members will follow federal and local guidelines for health and safety:
- Regularly and thoroughly clean hands with an alcohol-based hand sanitizer or by washing
with antibacterial soap and warm water.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Covering mouth and nose with a bent elbow or tissue when coughing or sneezing.
- Staying home if feeling unwell.
- All housekeeping staff and outside vendors will be trained regularly on “certified clean” techniques and chemicals, both sanitizing and disinfecting.
- There will be no sharing of equipment or materials among team members and they will
all be fully disinfected after each use.
Food and Beverage
Food and beverage offered in the hotel adheres to our certification guidelines.
We partner with local restaurants and provide a safe approach to contactless delivery.
- We provide a list of restaurants and bars that will deliver directly to the hotel. Deliveries will be left in a dedicated secure area for food drop off and pick up by each guest. Liquor delivery will be subject to guest age check.
- We recommend food delivery services/apps.
- All restaurants in our hotel will be subject to the same standards of our PTH Certified Safe and Clean Program.
To review program details, click here to view and download.