Park Terrace Hotels’ mission has always been to provide a safe haven for business travelers and urban explorers. As we all face the effects and implications of COVID-19, we remain even more committed to the health and safety of our team members and guests. In an effort to further improve our already thorough cleaning guidelines, we have thoughtfully and methodically enhanced every aspect of our cleaning and safety procedures as part of the “PTH Certified Safe & Clean Program”. Our program not only adheres to the guidelines set forth by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) in the US, the National Health Service (NHS) and the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) in the UK, and the World Health Organization (WHO), but is also certified by both medical and industry experts in terms of cleaning products, cleaning procedures and materials. Park Terrace will go through strict, frequent audits to ensure compliance and adherence to the program.
We are prepared and eager to welcome you back into a safe and comfortable Park Terrace Hotel.
We hope to see you soon.
John Paul Nichols
Chief Executive Officer
How Our Program is Certified
We have partnered with the following organizations and individuals to create our Certified Clean Program:
- Diversey – is a global provider of cleaning and disinfecting products to hospitality, healthcare and retail facilities.
- They certified how and where we clean (procedures) and the products we use (standards).
- Bureau Veritas –is a global leader in testing, inspection and compliance of hotel cleanliness.
- They certified and audited the procedures we are taking to assure the health, safety and hygiene conditions of our hotels and personnel.
- Corporate Medical Advisors (CMA) -are medical experts providing health advisory services in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic. They are a part of International SOS – a leading medical services and security company.
- They provided guidance and counsel on PTH’s Certified Safe & Clean Program, and continue to provide ongoing inspection and customization of the program.
Touchless Arrival Experience
- Enhanced capability that enables guests to check in using a touchless experience for all reservations.
- New procedures have been implemented to welcome guests in a safe and friendly manner.
- Contactless front door via automatic mechanism or assisted by a hotel team member.
- Check in is available on the web.
- All lobby kiosks are upgraded with QR code technology to allow kiosk check-in to be performed from the guest’s mobile phone (contactless). Guest room key will be dispensed from the kiosk.
- Credit card machines accessible for guest use only at the front desk. Guests will be encouraged to use contactless payment options. Luggage carts will be sanitized throughout the day.
Our housekeeping team members and outside vendors will implement enhanced cleaning protocols prior to the arrival of all guests.
- The TV Remote control is fully cleaned and sanitized after each stay. The in-room TV has the ability to be controlled using the guest’s own mobile phone.
- Communication and requests with our guest services team is encouraged through our hotel texting program.
- Stay over rooms will not be cleaned by a team member and we will limit any non-emergency entry into guest rooms that are occupied. All stay over rooms will be provided linen, terry, and/or additional bath amenities upon request, using a contactless approach. Long term stays will have different arrangements, with procedures to protect both the guest and our team members.
- Any items which cannot be cleaned and sanitized appropriately will be removed. These include: hotel directories, pens, notepaper, glassware, kitchenette supplies and yoga mats.
- Clean and sanitized yoga mats will be available upon request.
- Valet laundry will only be delivered (contactless) when the guest is in their room.
Enhanced Cleaning and Guest Protocols
We have significantly enhanced our cleaning procedures throughout the hotel, ensuring guest rooms and public areas are cleaned and disinfected. These processes have been certified and audited by third parties to ensure compliance and safety.
- There are additional hand sanitizer stations placed throughout the hotel in public areas.
- High-touch public spaces will be cleaned frequently throughout the day with hospital-grade disinfectant.
- HVAC systems and air filters will be cleaned and changed frequently.
- There is signage in public spaces, information on the PTH website and messaging on in-room televisions explaining cleanliness and safety practices at the hotel.
- Safety and cleanliness guidelines and procedures are communicated via e-mail when reservations are made.
Employee Safety and Training
- All team members and outside vendors have gone through rigorous training on new cleaning
and disinfecting procedures, materials, and tools.
- All team members have the option to wear masks and protective gloves when needed.
- The hotel has a Hygiene Manager responsible for overall safety and cleanliness training and hotel program inspection.
- Social distancing will be enforced based upon federal and local guidelines. Team members will follow federal and local guidelines for health and safety:
- Regularly and thoroughly clean hands with an alcohol-based hand sanitizer or by washing
with antibacterial soap and warm water.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Covering mouth and nose with a bent elbow or tissue when coughing or sneezing.
- Staying home if feeling unwell.
- All housekeeping staff and outside vendors will be trained regularly on “certified clean” techniques and chemicals, both sanitizing and disinfecting.
- There will be no sharing of equipment or materials among team members and they will
all be fully disinfected after each use.
Food and Beverage
Food and beverage offered in the hotel adheres to our certification guidelines.
We partner with local restaurants and provide a safe approach to contactless delivery.
- Deliveries will be left in a dedicated secure area for food drop off and pick up by each guest. Liquor delivery will be subject to guest age check.
- We recommend food delivery services/apps.
- All restaurants in our hotel will be subject to the same standards of our PTH Certified Safe and Clean Program.
To review program details, click here to view and download.